So as part of the Amazon select promotion, I put my first book (Shameless plug goo.gl/YcHZlx) out for free for 5 days. So far..
1) I’ve had nearly 100 downloads.. that’s pretty good I think considering I’m brand freaking new to the world of ebook self publishing.
2) I’ve netted two additional reviews, both 5 stars! Also pretty good.
3) I’ve used the free time test and track using an affiliate link for the book access.. working well! So that’s good.
1) I had a hella lot of downloads the first day, then tapered off a lot. I don’t know if that’s normal or not. But it does worry me.. anyone know?
2) While I didn’t get into this first off to make money, I like most “starting out” authors do on occasion daydream about making a living doing this.. I look at all the free downloads and think.. “Man, that would look good as a check.” Course I’m at 0.99 cents, so it’s not that much money, but still.. LOL
3) I sometimes have felt like I’m forcing the book down peoples throats to try and get eyes on the product. I’m not big on that. I never was a big sales guy.
So.. was the free eBook for kindle worth it?? I don’t know yet. We will see how things go next week when it’s back on the 0.99 cents plan.. If I can get another review of two today, that might help. 😉